Fire & Smoke Damage
Call us: 206-902-6736
It’s the best way to get emergency service or schedule an appointment.
Once at a fire scene, we will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred.
Cleaning procedures will be based on the information identified during the pre-testing.
Types of smoke damage that we fix for homeowners and commercial properties:
- Wet smoke residues: Result from smoldering fires with low heat. Residues are sticky, smeary and with pungent odors. Smoke residue can be difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke Residues: From fast burning fires at high temperatures. Residues are often dry, powdery, small, non-smeary smoke particles.
- Protein Residues: Virtually invisible residues that discolor paints and varnishes. Protein residues also create an extremely pungent odor.
- Other Types: Tear gas, fingerprint powder and fire extinguisher residues may also require smoke damage cleanup and restoration.
- Fuel Oil Soot: Furnace puff backs distribute fuel oil soot.
Inspection and Pre-Testing
We pre-test while inspecting the property to determine the damages and the scope of your necessary cleaning, restoration and repairs.
We look for answers to the following questions:
- What is the full extent of the damage?
- How many materials have been affected by smoke or fire?
- What is the most appropriate method for cleaning?
- Will your personal belongings need to be relocated while your house is restored?
Pre-testing is the process of identifying the following information:
- What materials can be restored and what materials must be replaced.
- Are the smoke residues cleanable?
- Who is completing the inventory of items that are damaged beyond repair?
It is crucially important to you to protect any areas of your home or business that were not affected by soot and/or smoke odors before the damage spreads to these areas. It will save you money!
You may be wondering how long the clean-up process will take.
Once we have inspected and pre-tested your damage we will let you know what to expect. We will also educate you on the most effective cleaning methods for your situation and what procedures we will use to restore your damaged possessions.
Maybe you’re not sure how to choose a company to fix the mess after a fire or smoke damage. Keep in mind that insurance companies don’t require any specific company, you can choose who you work with. Call if you have questions.
Call us: 206-902-6736
…it’s the best way to get immediate service or schedule an appointment.
DID YOU KNOW: Most insurance policies have a clause that excludes them from financial responsibility if they feel that the policy holder ignored the situation promoting further damage.
Your home or business could have been wet for a month, but as soon as you are aware of the damage, it is your responsibility to take action.
Calling First Response is considered action taken by the insurance company.